Responsible Tourism Statement
Welcome to Cable Bay Holiday Park
Caring for our corner of the world sustainably and how we share it with visitors is important to us.
1. We remind guests with small children that an unfenced creek runs through the grounds.
2. We want our guests to enjoy our special area. For information on the history of the Cable Station, our pioneer heritage, the boulder bank, marine reserve and walkway through our farm look for the black folders in the Kitchen common room.
3. Recycling bins are provided for our guests use.
4. Due to our close proximity to the coast line and estuary we use do not provide a Dump Station and closely monitor our effluent systems.
5. We use native plants and maintain habitat for our native birds and fishery.
6. Maintain our own water supply without chemicals and have a policy of encouraging water conservation in drought situations. Water is treated with UV to drinking water standard.
7. We like all our farm animals and wildlife to enjoy your stay too and have a quiet policy after 10 pm for listening to Morepork and other birdlife.
If you have any questions please ask we love to talk with guests.
Ian & Barbara Stuart